Annie's Books

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Crime Brulee By Nancy Fairbanks

Title: Crime Brulee

Author: Fairbanks, Nancy

Publisher: Penguin Group

Comments I am not sure why I liked this book so much. I mean it wasn’t great. I didn’t even have a confirmed murder until nearly the last page. I the narrative was slow and cumbersome at times. The plot seemed to drag on for ages. And yet I really enjoyed it. It kept me reading. The best thing about this title is that it had 12 recipies. All true New Orleans food. Lots of history of how and why stuff was made. I need to make sure I never go to New Orleans, I will gain 50 pounds. The food sounds so good. I mean I have had crawdads and hushpuppies, but this is so much more. And A if you are reading this, the character in the book said don’t judge New Orleans bread pudding like other bread puddings. It changed Caro’s feelings for it all together. She still won’t eat it anywhere else, but in New Orleans, it is different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home