Annie's Books

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How I live now by Rosoff, Meg

The reader is quite good. This book seems a little far fetched. It never really explains any of the plot topics. Daisy is sent to England to live with family after her father and stepmother can't deal with her any more. She has an eating disorder, a love affair with her first cousin, a third world war, and many other issues flood this book. None of which are ever really explained or dealt with.

It has feelings of World War II but also a touch of what could have happened after September 11th. More than once the vivid language caught me off guard. I liked the writing style, but I wouldn't say I enjoyed the book. It was very different, and I can't think of a person I might recommend this book too. Perhaps if it was read instead of listened to it would be even better. There is something about the audio that makes it even more realistic.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home