Annie's Books

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven by Gilman, Susan Jane

This book was AWESOME! I think everyone should read or listen this book. I would recommend listening to it because it was abridged and I didn't feel that much was missing from the story.

This is a great tale of youth and the naiveness that happens so often with youth. Two young women decided to backpack through China shortly after they open the borders to Westerners. This book reads like a thriller at times and often you find yourself saying "no they really aren't going to do that." Only to find out that they really are.

Their luck is impressive and I am sure I wouldn't have had a similar situation.

It is a great look at China back before it became commercialized.

Highly recommended.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home