Annie's Books

Friday, April 09, 2010

Guernsey literary and potatoe peel pie society

I listened to this book over the last couple of weeks. This was my office book. I usually like to listen to something laid back when I'm in my office. It was ok. I didn't love it like many others have. I thought it was clever to write a book in a series of letters, and it was an excellent and fresh way to look at WWII.

I never would have made it through this book if I read it. There were too many people and too much stuff going on. As an audio book each letter was read by a character. Like most adult fiction titles, I felt it was about 75 pages too long.

This is one of those, I read it because everyone was talking about it. That's never a good reason for me to read a book, but I did finish it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home