Annie's Books

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mighty Queens of Freeville by Dickenson, Amy

After reading the "good for me" Pride and Prejudice, I felt like I earned a fun book. I love Amy Dickenson on the Public Radio show, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me so I figured I would give her book a try.

Once again, I put it on my iPod and hiked to Maplewood State Park. I loved it. While the audio was abridged, I found it funny, uplifting, and delightful.

Amy also writes a column called, Ask Amy. She took over for Ann Landers. Amy tells her life story about her heartbreaks, her frequent trips to her small hometown, and he ability to "fail up."

Her life was facinating, and like everyone's life we have these quirky family memebers that make life interesting. There were stories about her father, her ex-husband, but mostly about the strong women in her family. Her life in the city of Washington, DC and in the small town of Freeville.

Her storytelling is top rate. I highly recommend it. If you don't read it for any other reason, read it for Peanut Jesus. :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home