Annie's Books

Monday, March 06, 2006

The Dancing Tiger By Doyle, Malachy

Title: The Dancing Tiger

Author: Doyle, Malachy

Illustration: Steve Johnson and Lou Fancher

Publisher: Viking

Comments The best vote I can give a book is wanting to add it to my own collection. I must own this book. I love this magical tale of a little girl dancing on the nights of the full moon with a tiger. As the story progresses we are guided through the seasons. At first I thought it was just a progression of the year. As you get near the end you realize it is the journey of the little girl’s life. The story ends with the narratior taking her great-granddaughter to meet the tiger. The she sits and watches them dance beneath the bright sky. It was too good for words. This is a great story to share with everyone. Illustrations are done in oils on paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home