Annie's Books

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hattie Big Sky by Larson, Kirby

This was a book that many people read for last year's Hot Reads Program. Almost everyone who read it, loved it, so I figured I'd give it shot. I listened to as I hiked in Maplewood. At one point, I even stopped listening because I remember my Grandfather talking about how German people were treated during and after WWI.

I did finish it and I was glad I did. The author went to great lengths to make this book real. It really showed the struggles of people proving up the land and making a homestead. Some people made it, some people don't.

I recommend this to people who like prairie historical fiction. I'm glad I read it, but not something I would have picked up on my own. Thank goodness I'm competitive. :)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home