Annie's Books

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Invisible Man by Wells, H.G.

After Pride and Prejudice, I thought it was time for me to get serious about catching up on those classics I always planned to read but never got around to it. After much searching, I found a list called, "1001 books to read before you die." Hey it sounded like fun, so I figured why not. It even came with a downloadable version in Excel so I could keep track of my books.

I went to Librivox.com to see which titles I could download without fear of copyright to my iPod. I found out that I could get hundreds of books that way.

This was the second book I downloaded this way. The reader was quite good. This being a science fiction title, I didn't think I would like it. I was amazed at the story. More importantly I liked it.

It has a feeling of book that was written a 100 years after it was. It was written in 1897, but it didn't feel like a stuffy classic. I think more people should go to librivox and try out some great classics.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home